Our church address is: 1800 S. Katie Ave. Suite #1, 57106. We
are located 2 blocks west of 26th Street & the Tea-Ellis Road.
Daily Mass Schedule:
Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday-Friday at 8 a.m.
Weekend Mass Schedule:
Sunday—8:30 and 10:30 a.m.
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available Tuesdays at 5:45 p.m.,
Thursdays at 7 a.m. & 12:30 p.m., Saturdays from 3:45-4:45 p.m.
and anytime by appointment. Please call Fr. Tschakert at 275-6870.
Click on the image above
to read a biography.
Born: November 26, 1858
Died: March 3, 1955
(Parish Feast Day)
Canonized a Saint:
October 1, 2000
Image courtesy of the
Archives of the Sisters of
the Blessed Sacrament.
First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
One of the long-standing traditions in our Catholic Church has been First Friday
devotions, which is primarily devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Beginning on December 27, 1673, through 1675, Our Lord appeared to St.
Margaret Mary Alacoque asking her to receive Him in Holy Communion on the
first Friday of every month and to meditate on His passion from 11p.m. to 12:00
midnight each Thursday. He also revealed to her twelve promises for all who
are devoted to His Sacred Heart; he asked for a Feast of the Sacred Heart to be
instituted in the liturgical calendar of the Church. This devotion consists of
attending Holy Mass and receiving Holy Communion nine consecutive first
Fridays in reparation for those who do not receive Our Lord, who do not love
Him and who wound Him by their sinful lives.
Promises for those devoted to the Sacred Heart:
1. "I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life."
2. "I will establish peace in their homes."
3. "I will comfort them in their afflictions."
4. "I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death."
5. "I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings."
6. "Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy."
7. "Tepid souls shall grow fervent."
8. "Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection."
9. "I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set up and
10. "I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts."
11. "Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in
My Heart, never to be blotted out."
12. "I promise thee in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love
will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive
months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor
without receiving the Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in
this last moment."
To assist in our prayer to the Sacred Heart we will have Adoration of the
Blessed Sacrament every first Friday from 6 a.m.until 8 p.m. If you are
interested in participating in this devotion and want to sign up for an hour of
adoration, please sign your name on the sign-up sheet at the back of the
church. For more information about this devotion, you can do an internet search
“First Friday Devotion” or call the Parish Office at 275-6870. If you are unable to
attend Mass at this time here at St. Katharine Drexel Parish, there are several
different Mass times at other parishes in our community. You can call their
offices to find a time that may work better for you.
UPCOMING HOLY DAY MASS TIMES:
8 a.m. (school Mass), 5:30 & 7:15 p.m.
1st Friday Eucharistic Adoration on Feb.
6th from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. in our Chapel;
Please sign up on the sheet in the
Gathering Space to take an hour
1st Saturday Mass on Feb. 7th at 9 a.m.
in our Chapel; We'll pray the Rosary at